We still have a hope that MGP will not contest elections, says Shripad
The Union Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge) and North Goa MP Shripad Naik, on Thursday, said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is trying to convince Maharastrawadi Gomantak Paksh (MGP), an ally of the BJP-led coalition government in the state, not to contest the by-elections in three assembly constituencies and also Lok Sabha seats in the state.
“We still have a hope that MGP won’t contest the elections, and will support their coalition partner in the elections. Talks or on with the MGP on that issue” Naik said while replying to a question on whether MGP’s entry into the poll fray will affect the BJP’s prospects in the elections.
He also maintained that the MGP’s entry in the poll fray won’t affect his prospects.
Naik begun his campaign by offering prayers at the Mahalsa Narayani temple at Mardol.
After seeking blessings of the deity, he addressed the media at Mardol.
The BJP state unit president Vinay Tendulkar, former speaker Vishwas Satarkar and other workers of BJP workers were present.
Speaking further, Naik said that during his poll campaign, he will highlight the works carried out by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and his leadership, and added that in coming days, he is all set to tour one assembly constituency each day, covering 20 assembly constituencies in 20 days.
This will be followed by meetings with key voters and other appointments, Naik said.
“People who have seen the development works in the country during the last five years and upscaling of social indicators are eager to give another chance to the BJP,” he
When asked about state issues that will be in focus during the campaign, Naik said that mining issue will be the main one and resolving it will be the priority of the BJP.
“People are suffering due to the closure of mining. The issue could not be resolved as it involved Supreme Court. Once we are voted to power, we will resolve the issue on a priority basis,” he added.
- We have 10 options on table for mining resumption: Cabral
- Candidates with money and muscle power have upper hand in elections
- Candidates’ social media accounts to be under scanner
- Farmers against 7th Pay Commission pay scales to Goa Dairy workers
- Khaunte speaks out against casino vessels’ presence in Mandovi
- GMPF pins hopes on mining concessions act
- HC partly allows appeal in murder case
- Guard arrested for trying to enter Colvale jail with drugs; suspended
- 4 Georgian nationals held for theft at Anjuna