Urgent need to stop misuse of sonography machines: Hede
There is an urgent need to stop the misuse of sonography machines for pre-natal sex determination test said Dr Pravina Hede while addressing anganwadi workers and child development project officers at the Succoro Village Panchayat on Thursday. Dr Hede said that because of this misuse north Goa district has 927 girls for 1000 boys.
Speaking further Dr Hede said that this technology should be used only to detect whether the child is safe in the mother’s womb but people are misusing the technology and female foeticide is being carried out.
Soccoro sarpanch Sandeep Vazarkar speaking on `Beti Bachao Beti Padao’ said, that a girl child is ‘Laxmi’ and families should rejoice when they get a
baby girl. He said that more awareness needs to be created amongst the masses.
Other guests who were present at the function were Vijaya Pednekar, Reshma Lotlikar, Dr K Shirsat, Dr Bhakti Rivonkar and
Annapurna Dukle. On the occasion a drama was presented by anganwadi workers.
The programme ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padao’ was organised by the Directorate of Women and Child Development
where many child development project officers, anganwadi workers, teachers, doctors and others attended the function.
- Reduction of CRZ No Development Zone may affect only 2 Goa villages
- 32% potable water is lost due to pipeline leakages in S Goa
- Extension counters opened for compounding violations
- After three months, all services of electricity dept to go online: Cabral
- Lobo: continue manual process until online system ‘falls in place’
- Cong demands white paper on proposed multi-modal logistics park in city
- Goa Dairy workers go on dharna demanding seventh pay scales
- MMC to conduct new survey of scrapyards