Town Planning Scheme: HC notice to Mapusa civic body, NGPDA
High Court of Bombay at Goa has issued notice to the Mapusa Municipal Council and North Goa Planning and Development Authority (NGPDA) on a petition filed by the Camarcasan Bundh Tenants Association and another challenging the Town Planning Scheme notified under the ODP of Mapusa on November 28, 2016.
The petition is filed in public interest to challenge the demarcation of land assigned for the Town Planning Schemes (TPS) for Mapusa as shown in the notified Outline Development Plan of Mapusa 2021, in so far as it includes within it large tracts of agricultural and khazan land to be diverted for non-agricultural purposes, an activity not permitted by law.
The petition states that such diversion is in violation of the Goa Land Use Act, 1991, as majority of these fields are covered by the provisions of the Tenancy Act, 1964. If these land use changes are allowed, Mapusa city will lose more than 80 per cent of its agricultural lands (nearly 18 lakh square metres). Further, part of the area under the TPS II which is khazan area was protected and categorised as a No-Development Zone under the CRZ Notification 2011 when the ODP was notified.
- Decline in mining revenue slows down Goa economy, says economic survey
- Bill tabled in assembly to end nuisance on beaches
- Exchange of letters after Porvorim bonhomie
- Mopa airport could be in slow lane
- JOSH FOR SOCIAL SECTOR
- Beach cleaning contract worth Rs 59 cr floated: Azgaonkar
- HC monitoring panel responsible for delay in Merces court project: Cabral
- Govt to seek legal opinion on accord signed with MPT
- Non-muster roll female line helpers to undergo physical test for lineman post