Tourism activities need to be regulated: Cabral
The chairman of Goa Tourism Development Corporation, Nilesh Cabral, is contemplating to bring in legislation to regulate tourism activities in the coming assembly
Cabral was speaking on the sides lines of launching the Kitkat travel break pack, he said there are lots of irregularities taking place during the monsoon tourism season.
Cabral said Goa is attractive during the monsoon and tourists should not swim where there are red flags.
While speaking on the drowning deaths at Calangute, Cabral said Goa’s coastline is vast and it is a tough job to keep an eye on every nook and corner of the beach. He further said that some people get excited by looking at the sea and they go to swim despite signages.
He said, “You cannot stop people from swimming and this incident happened before the life guards arrived for duty at the beach and during odd hours.
He said that it is an unfortunate incident which happened in Calangute on Monday.
He urged tourists to visit the state, enjoy the trip but with care at every step.
He urged Goans to come out with new ideas on how to prevent drowning deaths in the beaches of the
- Goan devotion to Saint Anthony
- Festival of Classic Tiatrs to start on June 17
- Book release function of ‘Mee Natakwala’
- Forbes rates Manchester United as world’s most valuable football club
- ECONOMIC SCAN
- Bambolkar Art Gallery, Ponda hosts art exhibition
- MMC to seek presentation on ‘black hole tech’
- Many S Goa pvt operators violating SC directives on transporting schoolchildren
- Apprehensive members slowing down SHG digitisation process
- RBI Governor seeks more powers to regulate PSBs
- British man accused of killing RSS leaders in Punjab has to face law: India to UK
- AI technique to sense posture through walls, help monitor Parkinson’s