State BJP keeps its word to Sopte, Subhash
State BJP president Vinay Tendulkar on Wednesday disclosed that the party has decided to nominate Dayanand Sopte and Subhash Shirodkar as candidates for the by-polls in Mandrem and Shiroda constituencies respectively.
However, he said the party has not yet decided on the candidate for the by-election to the Mapusa constituency. Speaking to ‘The Navhind Times’, Tendulkar, who is also Rajya Sabha MP from Goa, said the state BJP unit will convey to the central parliamentary board of the party by March 17 the names of the candidates for the three assembly seats as well as both the parliamentary constituencies.
“The party will re-nominate both the sitting Lok Sabha MPs – Shripad Naik and Narendra Sawaikar – as candidates for the North Goa and South Goa parliamentary constituencies respectively. As far as the by-polls to the Mandrem and Shiroda assembly segments are concerned, the party has decided to field Sopte and Shirodkar in their respective constituencies,” he announced.
The state BJP will officially announce the candidates for the Lok Sabha elections and the three assembly by-elections by March 19 after getting the nod from party’s central parliamentary board.
- Watch begins to stop liquor going to voters
- MGP to take a call on fighting LS polls by March 30
- Police teams formed to ensure free and fair polls
- Madkaikar set to be declared CCP Mayor today
- New Zuari bridge work: four hurt as scaffolding collapses
- 18 booked for drunken driving in week-long drive along Salcete coast
- Salcete BDO receives DoP order on removing banners
- I quit mainly due to lack of govt support: ex-chief of women’s commission
- Parrikar panel not to field candidates for posts of city Mayor, deputy
- Interlocutory application will have no impact: Nadkarni