Serula land scam: CB attaches files from dy collector’s office
Crime Branch police on Tuesday attached some files from the office of the deputy collector, Mapusa in connection with the second case pertaining to the alleged Serula communidade land scam.
According to police officials, earlier they were given only two files pertaining to land conversion of two plots and remaining 23 were said to be missing.
As such, the police obtained permission from court and conducted search at the deputy collector’s office. After going through hundreds of files, the police attached around 15 files. A police official claimed that the files, which have been attached, have to be examined if they are pertaining to land conversion of those 23 plots in question.
It may be recalled that last year the Crime Branch had registered another FIR in the alleged Serula communidade land scam and had named as an accused the attorney of communidade of Serula, its office bearers and 25 persons who were reportedly allotted plots illegally. According to the information, a complaint in this regard was lodged by Minguel Vas before the Porvorim police which was later transferred to the Crime Branch police, Ribandar. The complainant had claimed that plots were allotted in a fraudulent manner to the occupants, who had never applied for the said plots, the police had said.
- Lobo for ordinance to tackle drinking nuisance
- Swiftly resolve land acquisition issue to expedite projects: Gadkari
- Wholesale fish market project costing nearly Rs 13 cr to come up in Fatorda
- Day care centre owner booked for inflicting burn injuries on 9-yr-old boy
- Parrikar to be back in Goa later this week
- 80 ‘over 30-yr-old’ bridges will be repaired soon: Dhavalikar
- Calangute incident: bodies of two tourists are yet to be traced