Salcete BDO receives DoP order on removing banners
Salcete block development office received a memorandum from the director of Panchayats (DoPs) on Tuesday stating that all the banners and posters of political parties or any prospective candidates shall be removed immediately from their respective jurisdiction, Salcete BDO Amitesh Shirvoikar said on Wednesday.
Speaking to this daily, Shirvoikar said, “We have received a memorandum from the director of Panchayats asking us to direct all the panchayats within Salcete taluka to remove all the banners, posters and hoardings if any, from any political parties since the model code of conduct came into force for the Lok Sabha election, scheduled on April 23.”
“I have directed all the panchayat secretaries to see if there are any banners, posters, or hoardings of political parties and to report to us even though the flying squads appointed by the election authorities would oversee it,” he maintained.
Sources informed that many panchayats have asked politicians to remove such banners while some have themselves removed the banners no sooner the model code of conduct came into force.
- Watch begins to stop liquor going to voters
- State BJP keeps its word to Sopte, Subhash
- MGP to take a call on fighting LS polls by March 30
- Police teams formed to ensure free and fair polls
- Madkaikar set to be declared CCP Mayor today
- New Zuari bridge work: four hurt as scaffolding collapses
- 18 booked for drunken driving in week-long drive along Salcete coast
- I quit mainly due to lack of govt support: ex-chief of women’s commission
- Parrikar panel not to field candidates for posts of city Mayor, deputy
- Interlocutory application will have no impact: Nadkarni