Rs 1.1 crore disbursed to mining dependants till date
The Goa District Mineral Foundation (Trust) has disbursed funds to the tune of Rs 1.1 crore towards schemes for benefit of residents in mining belt, as on February 28, 2019.
Of the disbursals, Rs 50.3 lakh was to mining affected people in the north district and Rs 49.7 lakh to mining affected residents of south district.
A north Goa DMF meeting was held on Thursday wherein members considered proposals for funding two school buses in Pissurlem and Honda for transportation of school children in the two villages.
However, approval to the proposals is put on hold since members of the governing council raised question whether the schools receive buses under the government Bal Rath Scheme.
With just a month for the financial year 2018-19 to conclude and the election code of conduct expected to come into force any time, it is unlikely that the DMF will sanction new projects. A total of Rs 186 crore has been collected by the DMF till date.
On February 21, 2019, the DMF was notified as a trust with the notification stating that both district foundations (Trust) would comprise of a governing council and managing committee. The governing council is of 18 members and is headed by the two district collectors.
The notification said that apart from the head office, which would be situated as per directions of the governing council, the DMF Trusts will also set up an office at the district level for coordination, planning, monitoring, accounting and public disclosure of information.
The objective of the DMF Trust is to work for the interests, benefits and sustainable development of persons and areas affected by mining and to utilise the funds accumulated in the DMF trust in an effective and transparent manner.
Goa was among the first of mining states to set up the DMF but the slowest in utilising the money collected.
- GMC loses out on PG seats conversion
- Mapusa by-poll: Joshua sure of getting BJP ticket
- Goa to have vehicle testing and certification centre
- Panel to review traffic sentinel scheme
- Don’t help drug peddlers, Chander exhorts Goans
- SGPDA finalises ODPs for Margao, Ponda
- CCP to restart pay parking system by June
- SC reserves order on petition seeking ban on felling of 55,000 trees
- Youth urged to take up courses under PMKVY
- Govt stands its ground, to hold Carnival amidst Indo-Pak tension