Ponda youth dies in accident at Farmagudi
PONDA: A 28-year-old youth from Ponda died on the spot after he crashed his motorbike into a roadside trench at Farmagudi on Sunday. According to the Ponda police, the accident occurred at around 9 pm.
The deceased – Wasim Shaik, a resident of Sadar, Ponda, was proceeding on his two wheeler along with a pillion rider towards the Goa College of Engineering at a high speed, said the police, and added that as he reached Farmagudi Residency, a car that was parked on the road shoulder entered the road, and with the car entering the road the youth lost control over his motorbike and crashed it into the roadside trench and died on spot.
He was declared brought dead as he was rushed to the Sub District Hospital, Ponda.
The pillion rider, who suffered severe injuries, was rushed to the Goa Medical College and Hospital, Bambolim. He is supposed to be in a serious condition. Shaik is learnt to have died of severe head injury.
Meanwhile, the police informed that some of the relatives of Shaik, who turned up at the accident spot, damaged the car and also some other vehicles that were parked there.
A function was being held at the residency and the guests attending it had parked their vehicles on the roadside.
Further investigation is under progress. PSI Paresh Sinari is investigating the case.
- Work on Bicholim market complex drags on, school building yet to start
- Mega meet to oppose RP, PDA in Margao on April 27
- Police arrest Vasco woman for torturing 8 ‘adopted’ minor girls
- Siolim coastal police hamstrung by staff crunch, poorly maintained vessels
- Saligao meeting demands scrapping of RP 2021, PDAs
- Thousands rally in city to seek justice for rape victims