Parrikar to be back in Goa later this week
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar will be arriving in Goa on June 14/ June 15 from the US, where he is currently undergoing treatment for his pancreatic ailment since March 2018.
A highly placed source told ‘The Navhind Times’ that the health of the Chief Minister has recovered substantially and that he would be arriving in Goa later this week.
It is learnt that the advanced cycles of treatment administered on Parrikar have been completed and the doctors from the New York-based health institute have decided to give him permission to return home.
It is further learnt that Parrikar has been advised complete rest and asked to refrain from public interaction for some time once he returns to Goa.
Incidentally, the office memorandum released by the department of home states that the Chief Minister would be present at the Goa Revolution Day function at Azad Maidan, on June 18, and will be receiving Governor Mridula Sinha. The Chief Minister is also scheduled to make a speech on the occasion.
- Lobo for ordinance to tackle drinking nuisance
- Serula land scam: CB attaches files from dy collector’s office
- Swiftly resolve land acquisition issue to expedite projects: Gadkari
- Wholesale fish market project costing nearly Rs 13 cr to come up in Fatorda
- Day care centre owner booked for inflicting burn injuries on 9-yr-old boy
- 80 ‘over 30-yr-old’ bridges will be repaired soon: Dhavalikar
- Calangute incident: bodies of two tourists are yet to be traced