North Goa people asked to register wells, tankers
PANAJI: The water resources department has asked the people of North Goa district to register their traditional wells, borewells, sinkwells and water tankers with the department within 30 days.
A public notice to this effect has been issued by the executive engineer of the WRD on November 30 and circulated it to taluka-level offices. This notice is applicable to the residents of Sattari, Bicholim, Tiswadi, Bardez and Pernem which come under North Goa district.
Applications have been made available at respective taluka-level offices of the WRD.
As per the Goa Groundwater Regulation Act, 2002, traditional wells, borewells, tubewells, water tankers must be registered with the water resources department.
An officer in the WRD said that it has been found that except for some villages in remote areas, most of the people do not use their traditional wells.
But some villagers sink borewells without taking permission.
Moreover, some people involved in supplying water through tankers do not register their vehicles with the department, he said.
According to the public notice, it is also mandatory to register the equipment and machinery used to dig well and name of the particular operator.
- Govt to hold meet on Dec 10 on bending fish import ban
- Serula case probe going nowhere
- 4,437 mining dependants got relief under scheme
- Need for maintaining aesthetic appeal of Campal Children’s Park
- City vendors fined over plastic carry bag violation
- 512 persons cleared for jobs on compassionate grounds since April 2012
- 30% flats or land area to be reserved for locals in housing board projects
- HC asks govt to get expert help to ascertain formalin quantity inherent in fish
- NGT puts brakes on notification over EC for construction activities