MMC issues notice to dilapidated structure in Vasco
The Mormugao municipal council has issued a notice to Premawati Niwas building at Vasco under section 190 of Goa Municipalities Act 1968, by declaring it unsafe for human occupation and posing a risk to the lives and property of the occupants and general public.
The MMC chief officer Agnelo Fernandes said that based upon complaints, the municipal authorities had carried a site inspection of Premawati Niwas building which is located opposite the police quarters at Dattatreya Deshpande road in Vasco.
“During the site inspection, it has been noticed that the condition of the building is in a sorry state of affairs and is lying in a dilapidated and dangerous condition.
The possibilities of the building collapsing cannot be ruled out”, said Fernandes. “In exercise of powers conferred on me, under section 190 of Goa Municipalities Act 1968 and rules in force, I hereby directed to take immediate steps to prevent untoward incidents and within 15-days of the date of receipt, in public interest to safeguard the life and property, failing which this council shall not be held responsible for any untoward incident and eventualities”, said the order issued by MMC chief officer Fernandes.
- Chopdekar is CCP mayor
- Crackdown on over-speeding vehicles resumes after year’s gap
- Gaude stresses on all-round development of children
- Govt to provide better rural healthcare facilities: Vishwajit
- High-level meet today on escort service websites
- Banks ready to face up to mining shutdown
- Govt moves to act on SC order
- CAC to hold its first meet today
- Calangute residents losing sleep over blaring music on beach
- Mining crisis: Gadkari to come down to Goa
- 58 Kerala fishermen take refuge at MPT due to bad weather
- Quepem govt offices toilets raise a stink
- 4 HSSC commerce students get wrong question paper