JERC to hold public hearing on tariff petition on Jan 14
The joint electricity regulatory commission (JERC) will hold a public hearing on tariff petition filed by Goa electricity department on January 14 in Panaji.
Surprisingly, no hike in power tariff is proposed by the department for the year 2019-20 and it would meet the deficit through budgetary support from the Goa government.
“Approve the proposed cumulative Revenue Gap till FY 2019-20 amounting to Rs 308.33 crore on provisional basis and the revenue gap as may be approved by the Hon’ble Commission during the process of finalising tariff petition is proposed to be met from the budgetary support by the Goa government,” the petition reads which is filed by the electricity department before JERC.
This petition has been filed by the department for approval of True-Up for FY 2014-15, annual performance review of FY 2018-19, tariff determination for FY 2019-20 and determination of aggregate revenue requirement for Multi-year Tariff control period FY 2019-20 to FY 2021-22.
The public hearing will take place at Nalanda auditorium, EDC House, Panaji at 10 am on January 14.
- Businessman threatened, assaulted in Vasco
- Mopa rehabilitees cry foul over substandard houses
- Ray of hope for 560 shut bars in panchayat areas
- National Commission for ST disappointed with Goa’s welfare programmes for community
- Mahadev Naik ready to contest Shiroda bypoll as Cong candidate
- Goa likely to experience chilly nights
- Rent-a-vehicle operators ‘overcharge’ in Calangute
- Bandh throws normal life out of gear
- 7th time in 4 months tender for bio-toilets is floated
- Govt will build MLA Niwas for sitting, ex-MLAs: Speaker