Gusty winds uproot trees in Nerul
NERUL: Cyclonic winds have left behind a trail of trees being uprooted besides two electric poles were damaged and wires were seen hanging at Dandade waddo in Nerul on Monday night.
Locals staying at Dandade waddo told this daily that last night in the wee hours the cyclonic winds have left behind a trail of trees being uprooted which include a mango tree and several coconut trees. Residents also faced power failure, many of which were caused due to uprooted trees.
Locals complained that their electronic items were damaged as most of the houses belong to the fishermen community.
Electricity department sources told this daily that two electricity poles were damaged due to uprooting of trees and the whole area was plunged into darkness.
The electricity department personnel were on their toes as power lines brought down by the trees had to be restored.
Meanwhile the water sports activities at coco beach continued as usual while para sailing has been stopped at Calangute beach informed the tourist police.
- Will keep my word, says Vijai ahead of TCP board meeting
- Govt recommends CBI probe into bribery case against ex-IGP Garg
- Siolim PHC’s extended block to be completed by month-end
- Cheating of investors: EOC files charge-sheet against 4
- Fire dept receives 800 trader applications for grant of NOC
- State NCP, Cong to have alliance for Lok Sabha polls: Bhonsle
- Vigilance complaint over ‘heavy spending’ for Margao land use map
- FDA finding it difficult to detect fruits artificially ripened outside Goa
- Nerul locals irked over illegal mud filling
- LOCAL SCAN
- Police arrest woman in Bicholim minor boy’s death