Festival of Classic Tiatrs to start on June 17
In a bid to meet the demand of tiatr lovers, Tiatr Academy of Goa and Art and Culture Department of Goa will organise the Festival of Classic Tiatrs in Margao, Panaji, Ponda, Sanquelim and Parra as part of the ongoing celebrations of 125th Anniversary of Tiatr. “The festival will be organised in collaboration with Ravindra Bhavan, Margao; Rajiv Gandhi Kala Mandir, Ponda; Ravindra Bhavan, Sanquelim; and Kala Academy Goa starting from June 17. Classic tiatrs will be staged in the festival that will go on till August,” said chairman of the 125th Anniversary of Tiatr Celebrations Committee, Tomazinho Cardozo while speaking at a press conference held on Tuesday. The tiatrs that will be staged during the festival are Remie Colaco’s ‘Ghorachem Sukh’ directed by William Fernandes, C Alvares’ ‘Axea’ directed by Capucina Alvares, Nelson Afonso’s ‘Ghorabo’ directed by Michael Gracias, Prem Kumar’s ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ directed by Agnelo de Borim and M Boyers’ ‘Ekuch Rosto’ directed by Tomazinho Cardozo. “These tiatrs are unlike modern day tiatrs that largely focus on entertainment,” said Tomazinho adding that people must watch these tiatrs.
At Pai Tiatrist Hall, Ravindra Bhavan, Margao, ‘Ghorachem Sukh’ will be staged on June 17, ‘Axea’ on June 23, ‘Ghorabo’ on June 30, ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ on July 1, ‘Ekuch Rosto’ on July 8. All the shows will be staged at 10.30 a.m. At Ravindra Bhavan, Sanquelim, ‘Ghorabo’ will be staged on June 17, ‘Ekuch Rosto’ on July 1, ‘Ghorachem Sukh’ on July 8 and ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ on July 15. All shows will commence at 3.30 p.m. At Ganesh Mandal Hall, Parra, ‘Axea’ will be staged on June 23, ‘Ghorabeachem Sukh’ will be staged on June 25, ‘Ghorabo’ will be staged on June 26, ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ on June 27 and ‘Ekuch Rosto’ on June 28. All shows will start at 7 p.m. “As there is no auditorium in Mapusa, this festival will be organised at The Gnaesh Mandal Hall in Parra,” said Tomazinho.
At Rajiv Gandhi Kala Mandir, Ponda, ‘Axea’ will be staged on June 25, ‘Ghorachem Sukh’ on June 30, ‘Ghorabo’ on July 7, ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ on July 8, and ‘Ekuch Rosto’ on July 14. At Kala Academy Panaji, ‘Ghorachem Sukh’ will be staged on August 7, ‘Jivit Ek Sopon’ on August 8, ‘Ghorabo’ on August 9 and ‘Ekuch Rosto’ on August 10. All shows will start at 3.30 p.m.
Complimentary passes will be available at the venue three days prior to the shows. The festival is open to all on first come first serve basis.
- Goan devotion to Saint Anthony
- Book release function of ‘Mee Natakwala’
- Tourism activities need to be regulated: Cabral
- Forbes rates Manchester United as world’s most valuable football club
- ECONOMIC SCAN
- Bambolkar Art Gallery, Ponda hosts art exhibition
- MMC to seek presentation on ‘black hole tech’
- Many S Goa pvt operators violating SC directives on transporting schoolchildren
- Apprehensive members slowing down SHG digitisation process
- RBI Governor seeks more powers to regulate PSBs
- British man accused of killing RSS leaders in Punjab has to face law: India to UK
- AI technique to sense posture through walls, help monitor Parkinson’s