Day care centre owner booked for inflicting burn injuries on 9-yr-old boy
Vasco police on Tuesday registered an offence against the proprietor of a day care centre for inflicting burn injuries on a nine-year-old boy by subjecting him to cruelty.
Vasco police inspector Nolasco Raposo said that a complaint in this regard has been lodged by mother of the victim Geeta Tari stating that the proprietor of Day Care Centre ‘Myra,’ based at Chicalim, namely Renu alias Avni Halpati subjected her nine-year-old son to cruelty and inflicted burn injuries on both his hands by using a pair of tongs.
In her complaint, the mother of the victim stated that the incident took place on May 31, but her son disclosed the incident only after he was compelled to tell the truth.
“We saw some burn injuries on both hands of my son. We tried to find out the facts but he hesitated to provide any specific information due to a threat given by the proprietor of the day care centre,” said the mother of the victim while briefing the media at the Vasco police station on Tuesday.
In this connection, the police have registered an offence under Section 8 of the Goa Children’s Act and Section 224 of Indian
Penal Code (IPC) against the proprietor of the day care centre. Police are verifying whether the proprietor of the day care centre possesses any legal permission from competent authorities to run the centre.
- Lobo for ordinance to tackle drinking nuisance
- Serula land scam: CB attaches files from dy collector’s office
- Swiftly resolve land acquisition issue to expedite projects: Gadkari
- Wholesale fish market project costing nearly Rs 13 cr to come up in Fatorda
- Parrikar to be back in Goa later this week
- 80 ‘over 30-yr-old’ bridges will be repaired soon: Dhavalikar
- Calangute incident: bodies of two tourists are yet to be traced