Children of Hamara School celebrate Annual Day
The children of Hamara School at St Inez, Panaji, run by Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust celebrated Annual Day with a cultural programme at Menezes Braganza Hall, Panaji.
Chief guest for the function was president of CRI Goa, Fr Paul Alvares who complimented the efforts of teachers, volunteers, administrators and well wishers of Hamara School for supporting the children to showcase their talent in the cultural field. He stressed on the need for a required push for such hidden talents to bloom.
Forty odd students of ages ranging from 5 years to 20 years sang various songs in different languages in chorus. There were individual singing performances, dances to the tunes of Bengali and Hindi songs, skit play and even a violin concert. The entire programme was also compered by the school’s students.
- ‘The art and culture scene in Goa has improved and is reaching great heights’- Sachin Khedekar
- ‘Want to create unforgettable characters’
- Increase in women turnout at elections is the biggest change in Indian democracy, said Sanjay Kumar
- Need a new narrative to define abuse
- Masculinism, and not masculinity, is the problem