CCP to act tough on digging violations
Panaji: The deadline set by the Corporation of City of Panaji to wind up the digging work undertaken by the PWD, Imagine Panaji Smart City Development Ltd, Jio Telecommunication besides others either for laying pipelines or cables ended on Tuesday.
Addressing the media, the city Mayor Uday Madkaikar revealed that he received telephone calls that there was a lot of disturbance going on and someone was drilling the drains near the People’s High school, so he intervened and stopped the work.
Upon inquiry with the CEO of IPSCDL, Swayandipta Pal Chaudhuri said that they have taken permission from the Collector R Menaka till May 20 and the meeting was also attended by the CCP Commissioner, Shashank Tripathy along with others. Madkaikar alleged that “instead of taking him into confidence and carrying out road cutting, digging works, the bureaucrats were resorting to illegal cutting and digging without permission in the night and causing trouble for the residents.”
“Hence, the CCP has resolved to halt all works without giving any extensions as per the order issued some 43 days back or else, the CCP will act tough and levy charges or forfeit deposits,” he stated. He said that he has kept the night squad ready to act as the CCP is responsible for the citizens.
- Goa ATS chief advises business concerns to prioritise security
- Babush declares assets worth Rs 21.61 crore
- 89.59% students clear HSSC exam
- Cong, tourism stakeholders slam Babu’s Dubai junket
- Merger of MGP’s splinter group into BJP: Speaker gets time till June 12 to file reply
- Two injured in Bhoma mishap
- Guards at Old Goa churches trained in bomb detection
- Sidharth banking on party cadre