Camorlim VP to take up issue of ‘inconvenienced’ DSSS beneficiaries
Margao: The villagers of Camorlim, on Sunday, resolved to write to the Corporation Bank’s regional office, highlighting the ‘trouble’ faced by senior citizens at the bank’s local branch in receiving the money being given to them under the Dayanand Social Security Scheme.
A member of the gram sabha pointed out to the sarpanch Basilio Fernandes in writing that the said branch of the Corporation Bank is asking the sick and elderly senior citizens to personally visit the branch to receive the money being given under the Dayanand Social Security Scheme.
“The branch manager insists on doctor’s certificate every month from the DSSS beneficiaries. This is requested only in Camorlim. If the locals are harassed, how the bank would get business? We believe the bank is also not following the RBI guidelines,” couple of gram sabha members said.
Sarpanch Fernandes assured to also forward the complaint to the directorate of social welfare if required.
Sarpanch and the panchayat secretary presented the budget for the year 2018-2019, which was later approved.
Earlier, there was no quorum for the gram sabha. Just 20 members were present. The poor response could be because of the circular issued by the BDO that there should not be any policy decisions at the gram sabha and also no discussion on development works. The gram sabha ended at 11. 30 am.
- Babush exudes confidence of sweeping Taleigao polls
- Colva gram sabha lends support to taxi drivers against Goa Miles
- Betalbatim gram sabha adjourned amidst chaos over mega project
- Shiroda locals oppose barge jetty under Sagarmala project
- Calangute locals oppose sewage pumping station at Gaurawaddo
- Pilerne VP cracks down on mud-filling at Savlem lake
- Bicholim bandhara in dilapidated state
- Sidharth is BJP candidate for Panaji by-election
- Dust pollution along NH66 inconveniencing commuters
- 50-day water stock available at Anjunem dam reservoir