Cabinet okays TCP Act amendment
The state cabinet on Wednesday approved amendment to the Town and Country Planning Act allowing the department to consider the genuine applications received for zonal change under Goa Regional Plan-2021.
Briefing media persons at Porvorim, Town and Country Planning Minister Vijai Sardesai said that the amendment will be introduced during the upcoming monsoon session of the state assembly.
Sardesai said that the department is introducing Section 16B to the Act. “In a bid to take up zone change on a case-to-case basis, the existing act had no provision and hence, the Law department opined that we should go for amendment.”
The amendment also speaks about introducing accommodation reservation and transferable development rights in the planning process.
Sardesai said that with Regional Plan-2021 being put in operation, we have been receiving complaints about arbitrary zonal change in the land use plan.
According to him, there are complaints that areas which were shown as settlement zones in RP-2001 have been shown as orchard zone in RP 2021.
“In this RP-2021, there is injustice in the name of rationalisation,” he said, and refused to speak anything more on the RP-21 controversy stating that the fate of RP-21 will be decided by the House.
Further, the Minister informed about introducing three new definitions – accommodation reservation, transfer and development rights for short term and TDR for prosperity.
The cabinet also gave consent to amend the Goa Lokayukta Act which will allow the public functionaries to file the statement of assets and liabilities by November 5 every year instead of current provision of June 30.
The cabinet further approved the proposed transfer of 91,242 square metre land at Dhargal-Pernem from the directorate of Sports and Youth Affairs to the directorate of health services and 1,08,000 square metres of land to the Union AYUSH Ministry from the directorate of health services.
It has also accorded approval for introducing the Goa State Higher Education Council Bill 2018, which will be introduced in monsoon session of the assembly.
Other decisions that have been taken by the cabinet includes regularisation of service of technical assistants in public works department, enhancement of remuneration for doctors appointed on contract basis in the health department.
- GFP to keep up pressure on government for implementing CMP during remaining term
- Falling concrete pieces pose danger at Mapusa municipal market building
- Govt approves Goa IT policy
- Seafarers up in arms over central pension scheme issue
- Car theft from Khadpaband wash centre: Ponda police take three into custody
- NGOs, major political parties up the ante against draft CRZ notification; stage protest
- CM in a bind over ailing ministers’ portfolios
- People obeying traffic rules, but more needs to be done: DGP
- Dengue spreading its tentacles in rural Goa
- Share your journey, travel at reasonable fare