Businessman threatened, assaulted in Vasco
The police have registered an offence against two unknown persons for assaulting and threatening a businessman from Vasco, Munnalal Halwai with dire consequences.
In a complaint, the victim has stated that two unknown persons approached him on a bike near the Naval Public School at Dabolim at around 11.30 pm on January 7. The accused persons threw him down, slapped him on his face and used filthy language. He further informed that the accused persons threatened to kill if he fails to withdraw the cases.
Halwai suspects that the persons involved in assaulting and threatening him might be related to complaints filed by him or there could be a business rivalry. The police in this connection have registered an offence, under section 323, 504, 506 (ii) read with 34 of Indian penal Code (IPC).
- JERC to hold public hearing on tariff petition on Jan 14
- Mopa rehabilitees cry foul over substandard houses
- Ray of hope for 560 shut bars in panchayat areas
- National Commission for ST disappointed with Goa’s welfare programmes for community
- Mahadev Naik ready to contest Shiroda bypoll as Cong candidate
- Goa likely to experience chilly nights
- Rent-a-vehicle operators ‘overcharge’ in Calangute
- Bandh throws normal life out of gear
- 7th time in 4 months tender for bio-toilets is floated
- Govt will build MLA Niwas for sitting, ex-MLAs: Speaker