Book release function of ‘Mee Natakwala’
The Directorate of Art and Culture has implemented a scheme ‘Promotion of Literature on Goan art and culture’ under which the books written by eminent personalities on Art and Culture of Goa and also about the tradition of Goa are published by the department. Every year minimum 2 books are published by the department. This year the department has undertaken work on the book ‘Mee Natakwala’ on Pandit Prasad Sawkar edited by Paresh Prabhu.
The book release function will be held on June 15 at Black Box, Kala Academy, at 4.30 p.m. ‘Mee Natakwala’ is about the seven decades of theatrical memories of Prasad Sawkar. The book will be released by minister for Art & Culture Govind Gaude in presence of secretary for Art and Culture Daulat Hawaldar, Prasad Sawkar, and Paresh Prabhu the editor of the book.
The book release function will be followed by a natyasangeet programme by Goan artistes Prachala Amonkar and Sumedha Desai.
The department has published 64 books which include books in Konkani, Marathi and English which are available in the Department’s book Shoppe for sale at discounted rates.
(The event is open to all)
- Goan devotion to Saint Anthony
- Festival of Classic Tiatrs to start on June 17
- Tourism activities need to be regulated: Cabral
- Forbes rates Manchester United as world’s most valuable football club
- ECONOMIC SCAN
- Bambolkar Art Gallery, Ponda hosts art exhibition
- MMC to seek presentation on ‘black hole tech’
- Many S Goa pvt operators violating SC directives on transporting schoolchildren
- Apprehensive members slowing down SHG digitisation process
- RBI Governor seeks more powers to regulate PSBs
- British man accused of killing RSS leaders in Punjab has to face law: India to UK
- AI technique to sense posture through walls, help monitor Parkinson’s