Bicholim two-wheeler burning case: five held
BICHOLIM: Five out of six persons were arrested by the Bicholim police for allegedly setting two-wheelers on fire at Dhabdhaba-Bicholim on Friday at around 2.30 am. The alleged accused were later released on bail.
According to police sources, Ramakant alias Gajendra Sawant from Piligaon–Bicholim along with his five friends from Bardez taluka allegedly set on fire two motorbikes belonging to Nikhil Navelkar, a resident of Dhabdhaba-Bicholim due to some enmity. However, two security guards of Sesa, Shushtri Bahadur and Prakash Chauwan, who were on duty, rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control, thereby preventing further damage.
The two two-wheelers, parked in front of the house of Navelkar, included a Activa scooter and a Splendor motorcycle that were damaged in the fire.
Bicholim police arrested five persons and registered offences against them.
The alleged accused have confessed to the crime, said the police. They were later released on bail.
Navelkar had once questioned the main alleged accused Sawant for his alleged rash driving. And, the incident might have taken place due to enmity among them, said the police. Bicholim police are investigating the case.
- Valpoi footpaths in bad shape
- Betalbatim football ground, VP ghar to be ‘upgraded’
- Nerul fishing community worried over CRZ notification
- Salcete farmers want policy for revival of khazan lands
- State-level Shivaji jayanti function at Farmagudi
- Calangute VP to install 200 kg composting unit on trial basis
- Two gangs involved in mobile thefts held
- Strive to become good leaders, Sawant exhorts students
- Wagh cremated with state honours