Bicholim gets a new crematorium
Vedanta – Sesa Goa Iron Ore constructed a crematorium at Gaonkarwada, Bicholim. The crematorium was inaugurated in the presence of Rajaram Gaonkar, chairperson, Bicholim Municipal Council, members of the Bicholim Communidade Committee, local community and staff of Vedanta.
Welcoming the initiative, Gaonkar said, “The need for a proper crematorium for the locals around has been one of the necessities. The organization came forward to help the communities by providing a proper structure and facility which is a noble task.” Joseph Coelho, head, operations, Iron Ore, spoke of the need for a respectful resting place for the departed. He said, “There existed a temporary structure but what was needed was a proper full-fledged crematorium which we volunteered to construct for the locals around.” Members of the Bicholim Communidade also expressed their appreciation for the construction of the crematorium.
- Kai poolside restaurant opens in Arpora
- The fantasy shot for sport lovers
- Lemon Tree Hotels increases inventory in Goa
- Beach cleanliness campaign gets positive feedback
- Audi RS 5 launched at Rs 1.1 crore
- Mangoes gets pricey this season
- Goa’s Mudra loan beneficiaries in the limelight
- Three out of five drivers are on mobiles while driving: survey