Bicholim bandhara in dilapidated state
RAMESH SAVAIKAR |NT
Bicholim: A bandhara on the Bicholim river at Bandar-Vhavti, Vathdev, is in a dangerous state. The bandhara has been neglected for more than a decade.
The farmers are a worried lot as they are entirely dependent on the bandhara.
There is also footbridge on the top of the bandhara which connects Mavlingem village.
A villager said that as the bandhara and also the footbridge are in a dilapidated state, they have to proceed via Kudchire road to reach the Mavlingem village.
Balkrishna Savaikar from Naigini said that some five years ago the WRD used to store water at the bandhara by putting plates. The bandhara was beneficial for farmers from Nagini to irrigate their fields. But due to the negligence of the authorities, the farmers have now to face acute water shortage.”
Santosh Govenkar, a villager from Vhavti said that thick bushes have grown upto the footbridge and it is difficult for the people to make use of the footbridge to proceed to Mavlingem.”
The village comes under the jurisdiction of Karapur-Sarvan village panchayat and falls in the Mayem constituency. “The issue was brought to the notice of the panchayat and Mayem MLA but till date no action has been taken to repair the bandhara,” alleged locals.
- Babush exudes confidence of sweeping Taleigao polls
- Colva gram sabha lends support to taxi drivers against Goa Miles
- Betalbatim gram sabha adjourned amidst chaos over mega project
- Shiroda locals oppose barge jetty under Sagarmala project
- Calangute locals oppose sewage pumping station at Gaurawaddo
- Pilerne VP cracks down on mud-filling at Savlem lake
- Camorlim VP to take up issue of ‘inconvenienced’ DSSS beneficiaries
- Sidharth is BJP candidate for Panaji by-election
- Dust pollution along NH66 inconveniencing commuters
- 50-day water stock available at Anjunem dam reservoir