Bambolkar Art Gallery, Ponda hosts art exhibition
Minister for Transport and PWD, Sudin Dhavalikar spoke on the importance of a joint family in today’s times during the inauguration of an art exhibition by the students of Dinanath Dalal Memorial Art Education Centre at Bambolkar Art Gallery, Ponda held recently. Dhavalikar emphasised the need for joint families stating that when there are many people at home, children learn to care, share, help and respect elders and such other moral values.
He further appreciated Shridhar Kamat Bambolkar for bringing out the creativity in children through the art classes held at Dinanath Dalal Memorial Art Education Centre.
The art exhibition had on display works of 20 students in different mediums of paintings and distinct themes. Artist and chairman of Institute Menezes Braganza (IMB), Sanjay Harmalkar was the guest of honour for the event. Architect Bhaskar Khandeparkar and art critic and educationist Naguesh Rao Sardessai were also present at the function.
Artist and director of Bambolkar Art Gallery Shridhar Kamat Bambolkar speaking about the art classes said that the Centre also offer classes for learning languages – Hindi, Marathi and Konkani. With an aim to showcase art of artists beyond Goa, he announced that there will be a group exhibition of artists from Karnataka at the Gallery in Ponda in mid-June.
- Goan devotion to Saint Anthony
- Festival of Classic Tiatrs to start on June 17
- Book release function of ‘Mee Natakwala’
- Tourism activities need to be regulated: Cabral
- Forbes rates Manchester United as world’s most valuable football club
- ECONOMIC SCAN
- MMC to seek presentation on ‘black hole tech’
- Many S Goa pvt operators violating SC directives on transporting schoolchildren
- Apprehensive members slowing down SHG digitisation process
- RBI Governor seeks more powers to regulate PSBs
- British man accused of killing RSS leaders in Punjab has to face law: India to UK
- AI technique to sense posture through walls, help monitor Parkinson’s