AAP if elected in S Goa will take up coal pollution with Centre: Kejriwal
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that AAP will take up the issue of coal dust pollution with the centre.
Kejriwal was speaking to the media after inspecting the coal handling units at Mormugao Port Trust (MPT) from Pilot Point at Headland-Sada along with AAP South Goa candidate Elvis Gomes, representatives of Goa Against Coal, NGOs, environmentalists and others.
I sincerely appeal to the people of Goa to vote for AAP South Goa candidate Elvis Gomes wherein he will take up the issue of coal dust pollution strongly at the centre and even table it in Parliament, he said
“The AAP South Goa candidate Gomes can do it and he is strong enough to take up the issue at the centre”, said Kejriwal. He disclosed that the coal dust pollution has affected tourism and the culture of Goa. He however said that the dependents on coal can be rehabilitated.
When asked whether there are any chances of forming an alliance with Congress in Goa, Kejriwal said that “It is not possible at this juncture since Congress does not want to talk about alliance”.
- MGP poised to walk out of Sawant govt
- Poll code eating away at tourism pie
- Cong leaders put up a united front, ask voters not to vote for AAP
- Shiroda is battlefield of Subhash, Deepak
- Kejriwal warns of dangers of Modi retaining power
- Utpal warms up to Panaji bypoll
- Poll duty disturbing HSSC, SSC exam work: Goa Board
- Police recover 2 rubber stamps from accused
- Jalesh cruises to start Goa-Mumbai route from April 15