4 HSSC commerce students get wrong question paper
Four Class XII commerce students answering their accountancy paper at Vasco centre received a shock of their lives as they were provided question paper meant for repeaters allegedly due to the negligence on part of a lady supervisor. The agitated parents have complained to the education department and sought justice for their wards.
As per information, four students of twelfth commerce stream who appeared for their examination at Baina government school were provided with wrong question paper by a lady supervisor while answering accountancy paper on March 7.
As per the parents of the affected students, the lady supervisor instead of circulating/distributing question paper of current syllabus to the freshers circulated the question paper meant for repeaters without verifying the seal on the paper bunch.
The students had a hard time while answering the exam as the questions in the question paper did not match their syllabus. Due to time constraint, the helpless students did not complain to their supervisor nor brought it to the notice of other examiners.
When the students left the examination hall, they realised that the question sheet circulated to them was out of their syllabus.
The annoyed students then brought it to the notice of their parents who approached the office of the education department at Porvorim and sought justice for their wards. The agitated parents have filed a complaint against the lady supervisor with the education department.
Admitting that some of the students appearing for the ongoing HSSC examination in the Commerce stream at a Vasco-based school were provided with accountancy subject question paper of old pattern, the chairman of Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Ramkrishna Samant on Tuesday said that the investigation into this error is currently underway.
“There were few students, who received this wrong paper,” he told ‘The Navhind Times’ adding that action would be initiated against those found responsible for this error.
Speaking further, Samant said that the Goa Board will also ensure that the students, who were provided with the wrong question paper, are duly compensated. “We don’t want any student to suffer loss in the examination,” he noted.
- Chopdekar is CCP mayor
- Crackdown on over-speeding vehicles resumes after year’s gap
- Gaude stresses on all-round development of children
- Govt to provide better rural healthcare facilities: Vishwajit
- High-level meet today on escort service websites
- Banks ready to face up to mining shutdown
- Govt moves to act on SC order
- CAC to hold its first meet today
- Calangute residents losing sleep over blaring music on beach
- Mining crisis: Gadkari to come down to Goa
- MMC issues notice to dilapidated structure in Vasco
- 58 Kerala fishermen take refuge at MPT due to bad weather
- Quepem govt offices toilets raise a stink